Header Ads

test banner
  • Breaking News

    A girl in a women by Vrunda Kalantri

    A girl in a women

    Today my daughter blew 19 candles.  ....Yeah she is  19 now . Here she bid adieu her teenage. Though nothing changed in her life but suddenly i started feeling responsible. I worried for her future.. Just that same moment Mrs Sharma  came and said " Are waa ladki badi hogayii ab to shadi ki tayari shuru karniil padegii...ab 19 Ki hogayii 22 mw shadi 24 me bachee....lag jao kaam pe" .


            There was nothing unusual in this sentence but still deep inside I was hurt. I saw myself in her . But no ..this is not  what i imagined and yes this not 90% of girls imagine....As much as I have known learnt shared space with all those angels in ma life I realised they all had something in them.They all had a dream . A small seed inside them which needed care and  nourishment   ...but it died under family reputation,expectations of society and the so called custom ..... The sole purpose of her remained to serve her family, bring in a new life nurture it..nd pass on d same thing to the next  generation .
                 Same thing i did But I didn't wanted the same for my daughter.I want her to Learn explore grow...and  live life on her own terms.....this did not meant that I didn't want her to marry or have children. Being a mother is one of the most  nobel job. But I want her to celebrate the girl in her. I want her to be a fighter. I want her to see the world with her own perspective analyse things choose what is correct for her what is incorrect.What is good what is bad. What's better for her and what's best.I want her to stand out of the crowd .To be what she is not to pretend what this society expects I want  her to be responsible .I want her to be proud being herself.This  phase brings a complete new world in girls life. It's where she decides her purpose she finds the answer of her creation he role her image. And we as a society give it loud in our action. Support love care encouragement  can make her . Else ..she is der to follow the crowd...............
    My eyes filed with tears when I read my dairy  dated 26/2/1 Today she is getting married ..She is 21 I failed .I failed to support her I knew she had dreams .But for my happiness she  moved on.Like me there may be many fathers and mothers but  in this hord their thoughts disappear. This is not modern thinking but a girls right which we fail to give her. I am sorry beta I failed .I couldn't fight .Once again the society's customs won and a girl in a women lost.

    Vrunda Kalantri

    Mail:-vrundakalantrisweethours6@gmail.com

    3 comments:

    1. confusing.........Dear Author, can u explain this in short???????

      ReplyDelete
    2. Good,
      Keep it up��

      ReplyDelete

    No vulgar and abusive comments Please.

    Download ZEE 5 App

    Download ZEE 5 App
    WAtch Sunny Leone Untold Story